Happy Day after Thanksgiving!
Black Friday brings as much anticipation as Thanksgiving for many people. The hunt for the perfect gift at a premium discount is as fun as scoring the actual gift.
In the age of social media and digital marketing, it is easy to get sidetracked and buy a bunch of stuff you (and your intended recipients) don’t need or truly want.
To avert unnecessary spending and get the most out of your purchases, try to:
- Go over your purchases from last year to construct a budget. Determine the method of payment (hint: more cash flow than credit card usage is clutch).
- Write your must haves down on paper. Cross off your item as you’ve purchased it.
- When comparing prices amongst competitors, check the reviews and shipping time for the product. A low priced item doesn’t automatically equal a good purchase.
- Jot down the exchange/return by date in your calendar (Google calendar would be great for this).
- Scan ALL of your receipts if you’re buying in store.
Above all, just remember:
Happy (and safe) Shopping!